Start a Box Truck Business Worth Barking About
If you have a Box Truck and are fond of four-legged furballs, why not embark on a mobile pet grooming business? Mobile pet groomers fetch an average of around $45,000 per year which isn’t too shabby. Plus, you’ll get to rub noses with wonderful creatures, great and small.
Reasons to Start a Mobile Pet Grooming Business
The past year with all its trials and tribulations has been a good reminder that loving what you do and doing what you love is vital in this day and age. Furthermore, diversification is important too. Many who lost their jobs due to the pandemic realized the value of fending for themselves by being self-employed.
The pet industry is one that tends to thrive no matter what the economy is doing. In fact, during COVID-19, more pets than ever were adopted. Studies have proven that dog owners tend to their pet’s needs before their own in areas like medical, dental, and grooming.
Mobile dog groomers provide convenience to owners and offer a sense of security to dogs who don’t like traveling across town to the vet or a pet salon.
“I started my mobile dog grooming business eight years ago with a Box Truck and five dogs,” stated Marleen Putnam from New Hampshire. “After just a few months, I had so many furry clients, I bought another truck and hired a helper.”
If you are interested in getting your paws wet in the mobile pet grooming industry, read on to find out how.
Five Easy Steps to Starting Your Own Mobile Grooming
By following these simple steps, you’ll be off to a good start on your new business:
- Have a Plan: The key to success is a detailed plan. Map out all the specifics such as your target market, your start-up costs, and how much you will charge. This is the time to decide on a name for your business too and the catchier, the better.
- Secure a Truck: You will need a Box Truck or a Van to run your mobile business out of. You can convert your own truck or have the work done professionally.
- Purchase Equipment and Supplies: Some of the things you will need are: a generator, a water tank, a water heater, lighting, waste control containers, a table or counter, washing space, ventilation, sink, hairdryer, shampoo, sheers, toenail clippers, brushes and combs, bandanas, ribbons and bow, canine nail polish, and other pampering items.
- Get Legal: You will want to find out all the requirements for running a mobile business. Check state and local laws and regulations and tend to the paperwork, fees, and anything else you will need to be on the up and up.
- Advertising: By advertising, you’ll build your client base. Take out an ad in the local paper, have a sign painted on your Box Truck, spread the word through social media, and let all your friends, family members, and local veterinarians know about your business. Don’t forget to get some great business cards made up too.
MJ Truck Nation
At MJ Truck Nation, we are here to help you bring your mobile pet grooming dream to life. We have a wide selection of both New and Used Box Trucks for you to choose from. Our sales team members are helpful and courteous. With on-site financing, we are able to work miracles. Find out what MJ Truck Nation can do for you – .